Tuesday, October 23, 2012

RAZ-KIDS!

I am pleased to announce each one of your children is officially registered on RAZ-KIDS!  Tomorrow, your children will visit the computer lab where they will be guided through raz-kids with the help of Mrs. Steil, AIS Reading teacher, and myself on how to navigate their individual program.  Each and every parent has been granted access to monitor their child's progress.  You should have received an email with a user name & password.  If not, please contact me.  Your children  have access to hundreds of short text eBooks (literature & non-fiction).  Your child can read and listen to books on Raz-Kids and even record themselves reading to monitor their own reading fluency. Afterwards they can take a quiz to check for comprehension & understanding.  There are many neat features which I hope you and child will navigate through together, such as learning new vocabulary (click on bold text words in the book).  Please know however this reading program is NOT in place of reading chapter books.  Raz-kids is meant to enhance their reading, not replace their reading of good old fashion hand-held books.  Please email or call me with any questions/concerns.   I am really excited about this reading adventure your children and I will be taking together! 

2 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear this! Raz-Kids is a great program & so engaging! I can't wait until we begin reader-of-the-week where students can practice recording their reading fluency at home & then read one of the books to the class :)

    ReplyDelete